Astellas Pharma Director, Strategic Brand Marketing, Enfortumab Vedotin in United States
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing a Director, Strategic Brand Marketing.
Purpose & Scope:
The Global Strategy Director is a member of the Strategic Brand Marketing team team, providing disease/indication-related insights into the Global strategy and managing brand life cycle driving continuous growth of priority products. Main scope of this position is to collect and synthetize inputs from various internal and external stakeholders and reflect these insights in the brand strategy and to prepare for new indication launches in order to maximize brand value over time.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Embed Compliance Culture across all Regions of the business ensuring Integrity in Action is actively applied in all initiatives.
- Ensure Marketing Function strictly adopt a culture of ethics and compliance; leading by example and appropriately challenging non-compliance.
Ensure adherence to Astellas policies relating to Ethics and Compliance standards and interactions with Healthcare Professionals (HCPs), Healthcare Organisations (HCOs) and Patient Organisations (POs).
Under the leadership of the Strategic lead, participate at the global cross functional co-creation process with prioritized countries, contributing core campaigns, core messages KEE and advocacy messaging, integrated global indication plan.
- Advise in the lead the create tools and information depository of relevant and compliant global stakeholder information to avoid overlapping activities, and ensure broadly available organizational awareness.
- Synthetize scientific, patient & market insights and competitive findings, to prepare a holistic disease approach and/ or lifecycle management plan.
- Inform planning on new indication, develop TTP proposals with other functions, core messages and core communication platform.
- Develop comprehensive launch plan in collaboration with other functions using the launch excellence framework. Participate to launch readiness reviews.
- Contribute to new indication forecast together with market research.
- Together with market research Build indication patient flow based on patient journey and HCP insight
- Under the leadership of the strategy lead, contribute to cross-functional co-creation of go-to-market strategy for new indication.
- Uncover actionable patient, HCP and competitive insights, provide gap analysis and direction to market research in agreement with Strategic Lead and Brand General Manager.
- Co-develop internal and external stakeholder communication and engagement strategy with Strategy lead and actively participate in executing it, e.g., by communicating with HCPs for advocacy and marketing strategy.
- Partner and Interact with Brand manager's of different brands from the same TA, TA leads of Commercial divisions and Affiliates as well as external stakeholders (e.g., HCPs).
- Other such duties as may be reasonably required by the business.
- Fosters a culture where everything is done to enhance value to patients. Intentional about meeting/exceeding customer expectations (internal/external).
- Leads the strategic planning process to drive breakthrough initiatives that support Astellas' strategy.
- Strategic thinking skills to create a robust business case, analyse commercial and business information and devise strategy.
- Comprehensive understanding of corporate strategy, business administration, F&A, R&D and manufacturing technologies.
Innovation & Change:
- Acts as ambassador for change; able to embrace/persuade to secure sponsorship, commitment and innovation.
- Demonstrates thought leadership and an environment able to generate and harness new ideas and/or ways of working.
- Strong leadership presence; drives business practices that transform and enable high-performance teams to deliver sustainable results.
- Sound judgment, objectivity and decision making skills; overcomes set-backs/challenges. Creates a culture of personal and corporate accountability, addresses non-compliance.
- Flexibility and mental agility necessary to analyze complex problems and develop sound recommendation to mitigate functional/ business risk.
- IT literate; able to utilize MS Office and virtual collaboration tools, database, compliance systems/applications, online knowledge repositories etc.
Communication & Collaboration:
- Creates common purpose: seeks ideas, input. Challenges and facilitates robust solutions.
- Establishes strong network with diverse people/functions in multi-disciplinary settings and regions (EMEA, Americas, Japan and Asia).
- Ability to secure commitment from senior sponsors (local/international) and stakeholders (i.e. projects, budgets and resources).
- Strong presentation, communication, influencing and mgmt. reporting skills (compliance, qualitative/quantitative updates, risks/corrective action etc.) for diverse internal and/or external audience.
Developing & Inspiring:
- Proactively develops talent, coaches and empowers for success. Anticipates future skills, deployment and strategic resource planning.
- Experienced in managing within global virtual and matrix organization (indirect and functional reporting).
Working as One Astellas:
- Acts as an ambassador of ethics and compliance locally/internationally. Incorporates cross-cultural perspectives when addressing challenging situations.
- Respectful, natural coach. High integrity.
- Role has global remit.
- Brand manager will have oversight of Padcev
- No financial oversight.
Reports to Strategy Lead. Peers: Brand managers of other brands, Brand team members from affiliates and commercial divisions.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 12 years related, relevant experience (marketing, sales, sales training, market research, marketing operations, finance, forecasting, etc.) and/or equivalent education.
- Demonstrated ability to be a high-level contributor and leader of multiple projects, processes or functions.
- Strong collaborative experience in dealing with external partners and professional organizations.
- Must be willing to travel (approximately 40%) Internationally.
- Strong sales and marketing experience in a major market
- Therapeutic Area experience
- Pharma sector experience with strong customer focus; in multi-disciplinary, matrix and cross-cultural settings.
- Track-record of leading planning process with excellent organisational and collaboration skills
- Proven compliance expertise; to understand and comply with industry laws and relevant regulations.
- Coaching and collaboration skills to interact with all levels of personnel to achieve shared goals.
- Demonstrable examples of ability to develop, coach and enable high performance teams and proactively promote best practice and knowledge sharing.
- Proven ability to influence, (appropriately) challenge and engage diverse senior stakeholders.
- Fluent in written and verbal business English
- Graduate or equivalent professional qualification and/or proven expertise.
- 2 + years Oncology experience preferred.
- Preferred Advanced degree/education.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled