Astellas Pharma Director, New Product Planning, Immuno-Oncology in United States
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing a Director, New Product Planning, Immuno-Oncology opportunity.
Purpose & Scope of Position:
The Director of Oncology New Product Planning leads the Commercial assessment, input and direction across the early I/O portfolio and will work closely with the I/O Portfolio (PF) lead to help develop and implement the I/O strategy.
The incumbent will play a critical role in understanding and integrating the Voice of Stakeholders into our strategic plans. In doing so, provides an integral role collaborating with I/O PF lead in supporting the development and implementation of the I/O strategy from pre-clinical up to phase IIb nomination. The role will require collaboration with many Global functional leaders including PF, Development, Commercial, Regulatory, Medical Affairs, DDR, Portfolio Strategy and Business Development. The Director of Oncology New Product Planning will act as the lead of the New Product Planning team ensuring an aligned commercial input / direction through close collaboration with Global Market Access and New Product Analysts.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Deliver quality global commercial strategies through supporting the cross functional strategy teams
- Ensure, that resource allocation and activities are aligned with the project priorities
- Act as the commercial lead on the I/O Business Development Triage team and provide commercial leadership for the ensuing Business Development assessments
- Ensure, that Region/ priority affiliate specific insights are developed, and continuously updated
- Major contributor to understanding I/O commercial needs and uncovering critical insights
- Request and capture input from the broader commercial organization, when necessary
- Lead project teams for ad hoc corporate activities
- Manage budget allocated to I/O specific activities
- Successfully develop information and materials required to support robust management decisions for pipeline stage-gate decisions, and business development evaluations
- Contact and collaboration with Executive and VP levels is routine. This role requires high levels of collaboration for success and will require consistent interface with cross-functional colleagues to determine efficacy of plans and develop creative solutions.
- Bachelor's degree. Science degree and / or MBA are preferred
- This level requires 12 plus total years related, relevant experience (global and domestic marketing, market research, forecasting, pipeline planning, etc.) and/or equivalent education
- This position requires a background in commercial strategy, with specific experience in Oncology
- Proven cross functional working and across multiple geographies
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team of direct reports
- In-depth marketing skills and consistent past delivery in pipeline or inline marketing areas
- Consistent high-level contributions, leading multiple projects, processes or functions
- Recognizes complex situations and uses multiple formal and informal methods to find solutions, including the ability to make independent assessments and decisions
- Ability to present complex issues to higher-level management and contribute to high level presentations and discussions
- Individuals aspiring to this position should have already achieved the respect of peers across all departments and have developed strong working relationships with higher-level external and internal colleagues.
- Must be willing to travel as the job requires (up to 25%), including international travel
- Experience of I/O cell-based therapy commercialization
- Experience in Biotechnology/New Product Planning with increasing responsibilities.
- Commercial experience leading product launches.
- Experience in working in other functional operations (Medical Affairs, Development, etc...)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled Category Commercial Strategy