Astellas Pharma Senior Marketing Manager, Thought Leader Engagement in Northbrook, Illinois
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing a Senior Marketing Manager, Thought Leader Engagement in Northbrook, IL.
Purpose & Scope:
The Senior Marketing Manager, Thought Leader Engagement for XTANDI will be a key member of the Oncology Franchise. The successful candidate will contribute to the development and implementation of key strategies and programs to maximize the brand potential for patients and the franchise connection with customers. This person is responsible for flawless execution of thought leader development, ad board coordination & execution and leadership working in close collaboration with partners, including: the sales force, brand team, the partner company, vendors, thought leaders, professional societies, among others. The person will also be responsible for the development and execution of thought leader engagement plans with key prostate cancer influencers. The successful individual will gather insights from these customers and will lead the development and execution of commercial strategies/ tactics that are aligned and supportive of the overall brand plan.
Specific responsibilities will evolve based on the needs of the brand and franchise, lifecycle of the brand, and competencies required on specific projects.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Identify and prioritize customer targets (working cross-functionally)
- Build close working partnerships with National and Regional thought leaders that lead to ideas that appropriately help Astellas better serve patients
- Thoughtfully coordinate with co-promote partner to present a united front when it comes to XTANDI relationships with key thought leaders
- Identify and map internal relationships across Astellas with key partners. Set expectations for "ownership" of key customers, serving as primary point of contact for marketing
- Develop custom engagement plans for each customer -- drive functioning as One Astellas, vis-à-vis different roles within Astellas: sales, GPO, KAMs, Mktg, Sales Leadership, Execs
- Attend National & Regional Prostate Cancer symposia & Congresses to engage with Thought Leaders. Develop plan for engagement with clear commercial objectives.
- Lead commercial ad boards to gain actionable insights. Share insights learned with Marketing and other functions to create broad actionable plans
- Problem solve, lead and support best in class KOL (Key Opinion Leader) experiences with key partners and coordinate cross-team/functional action plans
- Manage outside agencies as needed in the following capacities: project estimate development, time management, and execution of project components including content creation, and assuring consistency with Astellas goals, direction, ethics, and guidelines
- Responsible for all Astellas SOPs regarding the quality submission and tracking for compliant engagements: contracting, Legal/ compliance approval for advisory boards, etc.
- Track and manage detailed budget for responsible tactics
- Financial performance (market share, units, profitability)
- Marketing strategy, management, and execution
- Customer satisfaction and experience -- enabling strong, business-centric, collaborative relationships with customers, both internal and external
- Driving business performance through effective cross-functional team dynamics and collaborative initiatives
- Contribute to broader organization by leveraging and sharing best practices
- Efficient use of resources including: management of vendors, negotiation for services both internally and externally, and monitoring of budget
The Senior Marketing Manager, Thought Leader Engagement represents a significant opportunity to assess, recommend, and lead activities that will directly influence the short and long-term success of XTANDI, the franchise and improve the lives of those impacted by cancer. The position requires a significant level of collaboration across numerous functions and external stakeholders in order to be successful. This position requires both strong strategic planning, tactical execution, and the ability to travel frequently to engage with thought leaders. This position requires a highly motivated, self-starter with exceptional communication and relationship building skills. This position reports to the Director, Oncology Marketing. This position does not have any direct reports.
- Bachelor's degree
- 10 plus years of related, relevant experience in pharmaceutical industry (marketing, sales, sales training, market research, medical, etc.)
- Experience in Oncology and/or Urology therapeutic areas
- Ability to travel approximately 50-70%
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with thought leaders
- Demonstrated strong cross functional collaboration
- Demonstrated ability to be a high-level contributor or leader of a project, process or function
- Demonstrated ability to find creative solutions to problems or new opportunities
- Must possess excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to use analytical skills and critical thinking to diagnosis business issues and incorporate into development or adjustment of marketing plans
- Demonstrates ability to influence peers and stakeholders within and outside the organization
- MBA or other related graduate level degree
- Experience working in prostate cancer field
- Experience in thought leader management and key customer interactions
- Experience leading advisory boards
- Experience working in a partnership / co-promotion
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled