Astellas Pharma Senior Manager, Product Communications in Northbrook, Illinois
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing a Senior Manager, Product Communications in Northbrook, IL.
Purpose & Scope:
This position is responsible for developing and executing timely and effective communications strategies/tactics to drive product/franchise understanding and differentiation internally and externally in specific therapeutic areas. This position provides communications counsel and develops and executes appropriate traditional public relations tactics and digital/social media strategies. Additionally, this position is responsible for providing broad communications support for the product communications team as directed.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Plans, develops, and effectively executes communication tactics to support a variety of product initiatives, including product launches, new indications, life cycle management opportunities, and disease awareness programs, among others
- Manages and executes advanced writing assignments, such as press releases, articles, social media content, internal announcements, and communications plans
- Ensures that all press releases, articles, social posts, videos and other media venues are approved by internal stakeholders (Legal, Regulatory Affairs, Medical and Marketing), including Portfolio Communications and other global stakeholders, as appropriate
- In coordination with Director and Senior Director, develops media relationships to seek and secure media coverage proactively and serves as a senior spokesperson on media interactions that help promote and/or impact the business
- Develops and executes product communications plans that are aligned with commercial objectives and strategic imperatives, and appropriately tailors them to meet the strategic communications needs of product brand teams
- Strategizes and manages programming, and ensures connectivity and alignment of communication planning with other product/brand initiatives
- Works within function to continuously analyze and improve existing, or develop new, channels for communications
- Develops and maintains metrics to ensure effectiveness of all communications and appropriate ROI
- Manages agencies who provide communications support to product communications programs
Impacts the efficient use of resources, including vendors, through negotiations for services both internally and externally and the monitoring of project budgets
Position reports to Senior Director or Director and works in close collaboration with leadership of brand teams as well as others within the corporate communications function to achieve communications goals.
- BA or BS Degree or Equivalent communications or related field is required
- Requires a minimum of 8 years of corporate and/or product communications experience; or relatable experience in operations, marketing, government affairs or patient relations
- Requires a minimum 3 years of direct or indirect team management experience
- Experience managing and/or using a wide array of external communications tools
- Strong strategic thinking, project management and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Spokesperson experience: expected to act as company representative with media and at public events
- Ability to travel 20-25 percent Domestically
- Experience in current and future therapeutic areas relevant to Astellas' businesses, including oncology, urology, immunology, and cardiovascular, among others.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Category Advanced Informatics & Analytics