Astellas Pharma Senior Financial Analyst, US Commercial Finance in Northbrook, Illinois
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing a Sr. Financial Analyst, US Commercial Finance in Northbrook, IL.
Purpose & Scope:
- Provides financial support to US Marketing & Sales as it relates to expense management and financial reporting with a focus on promotional and administrative expenses
- Supports completion of all month-end accounting activities, expense budgets and expense forecasts for US M&S departments.
- Ensures the accuracy of US Marketing & Sales expenses
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Supports completion of US Marketing & Sales Finance and Accounting activities, including but not limited to:
o Completes month-end accounting closes
o Prepares actual versus budget / forecast summaries and variance commentary
o Prepares reporting for Commercial Finance team, including open purchase order reports and key expense trackers
o Creates ad hoc reports as needed by Commercial Finance and M&S Management
o Liaises between business units and Finance for expense related activities
o Supports Procure to Pay process
o Performs balance sheet account reconciliations
- Provides financial and budget management support to US Marketing & Sales budget managers
o Accountable for providing budget managers with reports and data needed to effectively and efficiently manage operating expense budgets
o Facilitates ad hoc incentive award process and manages associated budget
o Educates budget owners on financial accrual and expense management processes
o Completes annual US Marketing & Sales budget, Mid-Term Plan forecasts and quarterly forecasts
o Updates forecast models based upon budget owner and management input
o Facilitates expense inputs into Astellas financial planning software
- Facilitates P&L budget management in US Marketing & Sales department with primary focus on operating expenses and secondary focus on operating income
- Interfaces with external vendors in relation to Procure to Pay process support and month-end accounting closes
Sr. Financial Analyst, Commercial Finance reports to the Director, Commercial Finance.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 3+ years finance or accounting experience required
- Strong Excel and Microsoft PC software proficiency
- Excellent skills in the following areas: organization, written and verbal communication, accuracy, and personal initiative
- Pharmaceutical industry experience preferred
- ERP system experience (SAP/BPC) or a comparable software
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled