Astellas Pharma Associate Manager, Business and Services Operations in Northbrook, Illinois
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing an Associate Manager, Procurement Operations opportunity in Northbrook, IL.
Purpose & Scope:
Responsible for the accurate and timely processing of orders and facilitating payments through the Astellas Procure to Pay Process, fielding support questions and resolving payment inquiries/ issues. Responsibility includes managing end users through the Requisition to PO creation processes in SAP Ariba. Provides oversite in assuring that the PO accurately reflect the agreed upon commitment defined in the contract document as dictated by JSOX guidelines.
Additionally, the Associate Manager Provides low level sourcing and support for goods and services orders such as laboratory supplies, instruments, and laboratory services for North American Astellas' research entities. Delivers day to day support of procurement activities. Independently negotiates with suppliers and manages supplier performance for buys of low to moderate complexity. Supports business partner's use of Ariba catalogs and Ordering tools; troubleshoots issues and provides training. Manages several custom catalogs and approves changes to vendor electronic procurement catalogs used in the Ariba Americas realm. Collaborates with Astellas Shared Service teams to deliver high quality services to stakeholders. Participates in projects to improve business processes. Provides guidance and support for P2P Specialists as needed. Provides back up for functions primarily facilitated by the Senior Manager of Procurement Operations.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the day-to-day execution of procurement activities for assigned categories, partners, and processes.
- Provides guidance and training on procurement policies, processes and tools.
- Troubleshoots stakeholder problems with procurement activities.
- Provides oversight for the PR to PO creation in the SAP Ariba environment for non-routine, high complexity or high dollar value purchases.
- Effectively communicates with suppliers to resolve transaction issues and maintain productive relationships.
- Facilitates catalog supplier business reviews
- Collaborate with Global Shared Service teams on procurement matters to keep service quality high and process exceptions low.
- Perform analyses to find opportunities for cost reductions, improved service levels and quality. Monitor transactional activities and deliver to KPIs, including savings tracking.
- Responsible for identifying and making process improvements that streamline operations and raise the quality of Procurement services.
- Supports stakeholders with Procurement activitie (PR to PO, Payables and Supplier Mgmt.)
- Actively participates in IT, Security and P2P Related Projects and Initiatives
- For buys of low to moderate complexity, independently drives requirements development, drafts RFx documents, identifies supplier evaluation criteria, leads negotiations process, and facilitates the contracting process.
- Addressable spend for FY2016 is approximately $60m, including asset purchases.
- Approximately 4,000 suppliers, 650 requisitioners, and 21,000 purchase requisitions annually.
- Reports to Senior Manager, Procurement
- Has indirect reports who informally supplement operations capacity up to 8 hours per week.
- Close ties to Accounts Payable, Strategic Sourcing, Procurement, IT and other business units
- Collaborates with colleagues in the Global Procurement Community.
- BS / BA degree in business OR life sciences / engineering undergraduate degree + MBA
- Minimum of 5 years of procurement experience that includes internal business partner relationships, purchasing, accounts payable, catalog management, supplier relationship management, change management, use of ERP system procurement functions.
- A track record of driving successful process improvement projects
- Poise, confidence, adaptability and effective influencing skills used to deliver results when interacting with leaders and third parties in high stakes situations.
- Sound business judgment; aware of limits to their knowledge and skills
- Strong teamwork and partnering skills
- Strong project management skills
- Results orientation that effectively balances the level of effort expended to value of output delivered
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly self-motivated
- MS Office fluency
- Master of Business Administration degree
- Experience with SAP Ariba
- Specific category knowledge of biopharmaceutical laboratory supplies, instruments, and manufacturing equipment.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled