Astellas Pharma Associate Director, Senior Enterprise Architect in Northbrook, Illinois
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing an Associate Director, Senior Enterprise Architect opportunity in Northbrook, IL.
Purpose & Scope:
To support the preparation and delivery of Astellas business and IT projects with strong architectural and technical guidance and to contribute to the management and governance of the overall IT architecture.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Embed Compliance Culture across all Regions of the business ensuring Integrity in Action is actively applied in all initiatives.
- Ensure Global IS Function(s) strictly adopt a culture of ethics and compliance; leading by example and appropriately challenging non-compliance.
Ensure adherence to Astellas policies relating to Ethics and Compliance standards and interactions with Healthcare Professionals (HCPs), Healthcare Organizations (HCOs) and Patient Organizations (POs).
Provide architectural and technical guidance at different project stages
- Develop and document accurate and timely conceptual designs for business system projects
- Provide technical design input to ensure reliable, secure and cost-effective solutions
- Review designs provided by external service providers and other third parties ensuring they meet the requirements, are fit for purpose, cost effective and delivered in a timely manner
- Ensure designs and vendor solutions meet Astellas standards (and desired SLAs)
- Ensure designs and implementations meet Astellas compliance and security requirements
- Support architecture planning and participate in the architecture governance process
- Maintain and communicate technology life cycle documentation, version levels etc.
- Take the lead in developing specific strategies, roadmaps and plans up to five years ahead
- Define and shape projects and changes in support of new or updated infrastructure services
- Develop, policies, standards and procedures as required
- Other such duties as may be reasonably required by the business.
- EMEA IT across all functional areas: DDR, M&D, Manufacturing, Operations, Sales and Marketing plus back-office functions such as Finance, HR, legal etc.
- Overseeing multiple projects: up to €1m (c. 10 or more concurrent projects/issues)
- Head of Architecture and peers
- Business Relationship Managers, Application Managers, Project and Program Delivery Manager, Service Delivery Management managers on projects etc.
- Business Snr. Managers/stakeholders
- Global IT colleagues
- Industry groups and suppliers
- External service provider architects
- Other external suppliers and consultants
- Pharma sector experience with strong customer focus; in multi-disciplinary, matrix and cross-cultural settings.
- Deep knowledge of Enterprise architecture disciplines across business, system and information layers. TOGAF certification is a requirement.
- Excellent skills in evaluating technologies and assessing their potential value to the business.
- Excellent knowledge of the following application infrastructure: - Integration tools (ESB, File transfer, ETL etc.) web/application servers, Oracle/DB, MS/SQL.
- Excellent knowledge of personal productivity tools, smart phones, mobile computing technology.
- A good working knowledge of enterprise business applications (e.g. SAP, SalesForce, Veeva etc.).
- Excellent knowledge of security technologies and methods of threat and risk reduction.
- Ability to produce conceptual designs for multi technology solutions.
- Ability to articulate both technical and business ideas clearly and simply
- Analysis skills and lateral thinking.
- Ability to facilitate workshops with internal business leads and with vendors.
- Influence and persuade others to resolve project issues and conflicts.
- Strong team player as part of virtual and local teams and solutions team.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies (Prince-2 based) and project management techniques including change management.
- Critical analysis, risk management and problem solving
- Able to deal with involvement in multiple projects and prioritize effectively
- Good negotiation skills to mediate when priorities conflict applying a consultancy approach
- Proven compliance expertise; to understand and comply with industry laws and relevant regulations.
- Demonstrable examples of ability to develop, coach and enable high performance teams and proactively promote best practice and knowledge sharing.
- Proven ability to influence, (appropriately) challenge and engage diverse senior stakeholders.
- Fluent in written and verbal business English
- Relevant degree (e.g. BA/BS) and/or substantial equivalent experience.
- Supplier management experience.
- Experience as an Architect advising on or designing complex solutions.
- Experience in leading consultancy assignments within a variety of organizations.
- Proven experience in producing documentation and presentations for both senior business and technical audiences.
- Experience of working in an international environment with remote/virtual teams.
- Experience of managing complex or large IT projects either directly or indirectly through close involvement in the overall project leadership.
- Experience of working in a strong regulatory environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Category Information Technology/Systems