Astellas Pharma Associate Director, Metrics & Analysis in Northbrook, Illinois
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing an Associate Director, Metrics & Analysis opportunity in Northbrook, IL.
Purpose & Scope:
The Associate Director, Operational Excellence, Medical Affairs Metrics and Analysis, will be responsible for leading analytic and reporting activities. This position is required to collaborate cross-functionally and across all MA, provide leadership in developing and implementing both qualitative and quantitative reporting that communicates the value of Medical Affairs activities across varied levels of management. This position will review metrics & analytic information and develop insights and communication strategies in order to report on the value of Medical Affairs activities.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership in creating and refining written and graphic reports that monitor, measure and communicate Medical Affairs value, outcomes and performance to key stakeholders across MA and external to MA. Information provided may be used to identify performance and improvement opportunities.
- Lead the creation of dashboards and reports that can be leveraged to inform stakeholders, ensure execution of medical strategies and compliance with regulatory guidelines.
- Coordinate, collaborate and liaise with functions across all MA and external to MA including core medical teams, process optimization, digital excellence, insights and training, MSL operations, project management, publications, medical communications, and others to identify, report and analyze information to inform stakeholders and support business decisions.
- Partner with stakeholders to identify new information required and collaborate as appropriate to ensure integration with existing datasets
- Lead the development, implementation and optimization of analytical dashboards and report operations processes and training to include defining information requirements, standards, establishing schedules, and access to and use of resulting reports.
- Demonstrate an ability to adapt and provide leadership and innovative solutions in responding to senior leadership analytic, report and information requests.
- Provide matrix leadership to other MA analysts, and provide guidance on deliverables ensuring timely delivery of analyses and reports.
- Act as Metrics & Analytics liaison to ensure transparency and implementation of metrics, analysis and reporting best practices and standards across different functions (e.g., Medical & Development and regional MA).
This position provides direct oversight on
- Report process and content for analytic and reporting deliverables
- Medical Affairs reporting operations
- Regular and ad hoc reports and dashboards
- Reports to the Sr. Director, Metrics & Analysis, Operational Excellence, Medical Affairs
- Supports Medical Affairs stakeholders
- Collaborates with cross-functional and regional Medical Affairs colleagues
- This role often works with a virtual team and may require travel 1-2 times per year
- Bachelor's Degree
- 8+ years' experience in pharmaceutical or healthcare industry, preferably in medical affairs communications, reporting, project management or operations, including leadership in a matrix environment
- Good understanding of Medical Affairs
- Minimum 3 years' experience in an analytical or senior management reporting role (market research, competitive intelligence, corporate planning)
- Demonstrated leadership in a matrix organization, able to motivate and inspire team members to high performance levels
- Demonstrated ability to illustrate and report on complex data, distill complicated concepts, craft a story flow, and communicate with clarity
- Ability to work autonomously and manage multiple priorities
- Shown to set clear priority and goals, plans for and has detailed knowledge of all required content and associated deliverables; can respond to sudden or immediate change in direction and operate in ambiguous situations
- Partners with different divisions in M&D and with Regional and Affiliate MA groups to ensure transparency, a consistent reporting approach and the implementation of metrics, analysis and reporting best practices.
- Work experience across multiple cultures and countries / regions
- Superior skills in Excel or other reporting tool analysis, macros, VBA and reporting; Proficient in PowerPoint and MS Word
- 5+ years' experience in medical affairs, communications or market research, including mentoring employees within the company and other functional areas as appropriate
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Category Medical Affairs