Astellas Pharma Associate Director, Analytics Infrastructure and Operations in Northbrook, Illinois
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing an Associate Director, Analytics Infrastructure & Operations opportunity in our Information Systems Division in Northbrook, IL.
Purpose & Scope:
The Cloud Analytics Infrastructure and Operations expert is responsible for recommending, collaborating with the stakeholders to design, implement and operationalize cloud based data and analytics solutions for Astellas current and future digital healthcare information and real-world informatics uses. This role reports into Director, Analytics Infrastructure and Operations and helps with implementing and operationalizing the analytics infrastructure to enable Astellas' aspirations towards setting up world-class infrastructure supporting the varied needs across all major geographies and functions. Success in the role requires staying current with the latest cloud based technologies, analytics, monitoring and audit standards, security and privacy policies and business applications. The role is meant to serve as a subject matter expert in the best approaches for cloud based analytics support and distributed computing in support of analytics
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to identify required technology architecture needs to design and implement a solution delivering near-term impact and aligned with long term strategies
- Identify areas for improvement with current infrastructure and propose future state to support Real World Data use cases, analytics best practices, and regulations.
- Facilitate and support Cloud Strategy & Governance team in adoption of cloud-first policy for new infrastructure investments.
- Develop and facilitate adoption of Cloud standards that are consistent with, and complementary to standards prevalent in the industry.
- Implement Cloud governance processes and making necessary adjustments that align with the changing business needs.
- Develop guidance on optimal usage of cloud services with emphasis on quality, compliance and cost optimization
- Facilitate design and architecture review meetings with IS Management, Business stakeholders and infrastructure vendors.
- Design, monitor and act on the alerts generated by the security services implemented in the current analytics environment.
- Design and implement security, monitoring, controls and safe guards in collaboration with IS Risk & Compliance teams and aligned with global privacy regulations and guidelines
- Provide updates to Business stakeholders and IS management on the status of the project tasks and deliverables.
- Ensure the analytics environment is running at an optimal state and quickly resolve any technical issues.
- Develop scripts to support full automation of systems.
- Facilitate process improvements initiatives involving business areas. Lead such teams.
- Improving the delivery of large complex projects by creating standard processes, tools, and templates that will be used consistently across the analytics infrastructure and operations team.
- Design, implement and maintain security controls and help monitor adherence to SOPs
- Implement security requirements, support metadata standards, data quality and testing procedures for the data lake/warehouse consistent with analytics best practices
- Troubleshoot issues with applications, works with appropriate resources to resolve them
- Manage several concurrent analytics infrastructure projects in a fast-paced environment
- Work with Analytics Infrastructure and Operations lead in establishing best practices for managing analytics infrastructure and operations
- Training end users on appropriate systems, governance and information management
- Recommend improvements, enhancements or corrections to aid in the success of ongoing projects
- Continually learn new tools and techniques to support growing analytics infrastructure needs at Astellas
- Interacting and managing 1-2 employees, 3-5 temp/contractors and 10-15 resources from managed services partners
- Manages a portfolio of projects related to one or more business units and owns one or more business aligned regional roadmap and strategy
- Manages $1.5 -- 2M annual cloud infrastructure operations
- Collaborating with internal partners to provide solutions on the analytics cloud platform
- Close partnership with business stakeholders
This role is new and reports to the Director, Analytics Infrastructure and Operations. This person will manage 1-2 direct reports, 3-5 temp/contractors and 10-15 resources from managed services partners.
- 7+ years of Pharm experience or related regulated industry
- 3+ Experience with supporting Real World Data use cases and the regulations around analytics and data
- 2+ Strong architecture and design experience in deploying, monitoring and performance tuning high availability, multi-zone and multi-region enterprise environments on cloud services like AWS and Azure.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with AWS services related to compute, storage, network, deployment and management, administration and security, automation technologies.
- Hands on experience with Big Data & Analytics solutions -- Redshift, Hadoop, HBase, MapReduce, Spark, Pig, Hive, Flume, Scoop, Cloudera Impala, Zookeeper, Oozie and Hue
- Experience translating Real World Data regulations into security and controls
- Experience with the various AWS services like VPC, Direct connect, VPN, Routing tables, subnets, Route 53, EC2, S3, RDS, security groups
- Experience operating and maintaining Hadoop environment.
- Expertise in articulating architectural choices within various AWS services and solution methodologies and their application to analytics
- Expertise in implementing security services from vendors like Dome9, Alert Logic, EM7
- Expertise in infrastructure capacity sizing and architecting optimized solutions.
- Hands-on experience in DevOps automation and tools like Chef, Puppet and Shell Scripts.
- Experience with code versioning tools like GIT/SVN in support of analytics teams.
- Thorough understanding of networking fundamentals and impact on analytic solutions.
- Working Knowledge in Python, Perl, Java, Node JS and other open source technologies.
- Knowledge on Software Development Lifecycle Methodology (SDLC).
- Experience in AWS IAM security policies and building private AMI's
- Experience in the development of business process scripts and/or hands-on experience with the configuration of business applications.
- Candidates must understand commercial/business flow in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Candidate is responsible to provide distributed computing related support for predictive analytics team and team of data scientists.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact with all levels of employees including senior management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to details, and the ability to multi-task.
- Experience training end-users
- Experience managing vendors and holding them accountable to timelines and deliverables
- Excellent organizational, planning and project management skills and ability to effectively manage cross-functional projects.
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic fast paced environment, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic fast- paced environment, with minimal supervision.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Healthcare Informatics or related field
- AWS Certification or equivalent
- Experience deploying analytics solutions in Azure cloud
- Experience managing enterprise applications.
- Cross-cultural project management and communication experience
- Working Knowledge of the various AWS services like VPC, Direct connect, VPN, Routing tables, subnets, Route 53, EC2, S3, RDS, security groups* Familiarity of Real World Data and the regulations around analytics and data
- Experience in AWS IAM security policies and building private AMI's
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Category Information Technology/Systems