Astellas Pharma Assistant Director, Data Enablement Governance in Northbrook, Illinois
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing an Assistant Director, Data Enablement Governance in Northbrook, IL.
Purpose & Scope:
This position will have responsibility for improving the quality and managing the protection of sensitive data and information assets. Provide a strategic focus on establishing and ensuring adherence to a data governance framework for data policies, standards and practices, both at the department and Business and Functional areas level, to achieve the required level of consistency, quality and protection to meet overall business needs. Lead at least one direct report that serves as the primary point of contact for escalating and resolving governance issues. Oversee the strategy and rollout of the Data Governance Council.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Develop & maintain inventory of the enterprise meta-data through the EDG Aspen tool through data catalogues, data definitions, data inventory and data lineage, including authoritative systems, owners.
- Serve as a liaison between Business and Functional areas and technology to ensure that data related business requirements for protecting data are clearly defined, communicated and well understood and considered as part of operational prioritization and planning
- Oversight of the HCP and HCO specialty and classification include/exclude process. Includes orchestrating meetings, obtaining appropriate sign-off of required stakeholders, working with IS to implement changes and communicating changes to end-users.
- Oversight of all third-party data sharing agreements. Bolstering education of internal data users on the importance of adhering to data sharing policies.
- Oversight of Prescriber Data Utilization training in LMS and to external vendors. Includes training on the AMA No Contact, AMA PDRP and Third-Party Data sharing.
- Spearheading operational needs of compliance issues with close collaboration with E&C and Legal when necessary.
- Oversight of all Data Enablement RIM responsibilities.
- Oversee the deployment of the New Data Governance Council, and lead and orchestrate meetings, monitor current issues, work to implement changes that come from the decision-making process, communicate changes where necessary.
- Leadership of a team of direct reports, ensuring adherence to Astellas policies as well as broader Data Enablement and Field Operations team vision and purpose
- Oversee the development of SOPs that govern data usage and data sharing internally and externally in the commercial organization.
- Training of all internal and external data users on the appropriate data usage, including AMA No Contact and PDRP
- Input and maintenance of pertinent meta-data in EDG Aspen tool.
- Operationalize any key compliance regulations that require changes to Field Operations tools/systems/reports.
Reports to Director, Data Enablement.
This position requires close collaboration with internal cross functional departments within CS&O. 1-2 direct reports.
- Extensive computer proficiency with desktop software in a Windows environment including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint and Qlikview & Qliksense.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact with all levels of employees including senior management and utilize creativity and ingenuity to influence and motivate others to follow a plan of action.
- Team oriented with the ability to work independently in a dynamic fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Proven track record of strong people development skills
- Excellent organizational, planning, and project management skills with a strong attention to detail and ability to effectively manage cross-functional projects.
- Strong working knowledge of data sources, e.g., IQVIA, Symphony Health Definitive Health, Veeva Open Data.
- Minimum 7 years pharmaceutical or related business experience.
- Excellent skills in the following areas: organization, written and verbal communication, accuracy, multitasking, strategic orientation and personal initiative.
- Bachelor's Degree in business related field
- Prior management experience required
- Knowledge of industry leading data quality and data protection management practices
- Knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets and approaches related to data protection
- Knowledge of data related government regulatory requirements and emerging trends and issues
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Category Commercial Operations